I got this flower for my first Mothers Day. I was pretty excited about it for the first day, but after awhile I forgot about it and it was never watered and never saw the sun. By the time we planted our garden, it was mostly dead. I say mostly because Rustin claimed it was dead but for those of you Princes Bride watchers, there is a big difference between dead and mostly dead. Rustin didn't want to plant it but I insisted that it just needed a little Tender Love and Care, so we found a place for the flower next to the tomatoes. For quite a while it was absolutely yellow and wilted. I watered it diligently although Rustin would not, claiming it was a waste. But one day, the leaves turned green and it sprouted this beautiful flower. While this may not be incredibly inspirational, I had to laugh. I love being a Mom. Tyce is my favorite little person. But some days this mother business gets hard. Sometimes I feel like I'm not very good at it and I don't get out in the sun near enough. But I figure, given a little time and a lot of TLC, who knows, maybe I could become a Mom like mine.
Friday, August 22, 2008
The Parable of the Flower
I got this flower for my first Mothers Day. I was pretty excited about it for the first day, but after awhile I forgot about it and it was never watered and never saw the sun. By the time we planted our garden, it was mostly dead. I say mostly because Rustin claimed it was dead but for those of you Princes Bride watchers, there is a big difference between dead and mostly dead. Rustin didn't want to plant it but I insisted that it just needed a little Tender Love and Care, so we found a place for the flower next to the tomatoes. For quite a while it was absolutely yellow and wilted. I watered it diligently although Rustin would not, claiming it was a waste. But one day, the leaves turned green and it sprouted this beautiful flower. While this may not be incredibly inspirational, I had to laugh. I love being a Mom. Tyce is my favorite little person. But some days this mother business gets hard. Sometimes I feel like I'm not very good at it and I don't get out in the sun near enough. But I figure, given a little time and a lot of TLC, who knows, maybe I could become a Mom like mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey! I found your blog on Autum's page. There IS a big difference between dead and mostly dead! I love that movie! I'm sure you're a great mom and Tyce is so cute! It's good to know what's going on with you guys! And tell Rustin not to be so stubborn and water the flower! haha
I loved the Parable of the flower. It really made me think of motherhood and to keep going and to never give up.
Your an amazing mom, I would love to have you as a mom. I love your blogs... keep them coming.
BRITTANY!
Hey I found your blog! (Thanks for emailing it to me) But I'm so glad I found you.
Tyce is so freakin' cute! And getting big. . . It's been forever since I have seen you.
Love your post!
Rachel
PALs forever. And yes I'm rooting for a Matt jr. too.
I hate those kinda flowers that you have to water don't you... he he he!~mandy
I personall loved the parable. It's true... and we all feel like that sometimes! You're the best.
Post a Comment