Sunday, May 16, 2010

Girls weekend out


My sister Hayley lives in Wyoming and wanted us to come up and play in a volleyball tournament a few weekends ago. It was such a ball (no pun intended). We all left our kids (except Anna brought her baby) for the weekend and drove to Afton Wyoming. There is only one who is not a sister...can you guess which one? Hayley recruited a friend to play with us and she was awesome. We really needed her considering our tallest player was maybe 5'7. My favorite part is that I had to play middle blocker - if thats not intimidating, I'm not sure what is.


We had so much fun. We talked and laughed all the way there and giggled all evening like we were twelve years old at a sleepover. We played volleyball all day Saturday and drove home Sunday. It was so therapeutic, except I haven't been that sore in a long time. I could barely walk the next day.


Considering three of us were pregnant, we actually did really well in the tournament. I think we would have been in the championship if we were all about 5-10 years younger, but we were pretty wore out towards the end of the day. We really had a blast though. Thanks Hayley for inviting us!

2 comments:

Chad and Lisle said...

Hey, I would like to have these pictures, can you send them to me? Thanks for posting them!

Kristi Barnes said...

so jealous! I miss playing volleyball with you...

I also didn't know you were pregnant! COngratulations, when are you due?