Friday, September 28, 2012

Classic Mom Moments

I had some classic mom moments yesterday I was thinking about this morning and chuckled to myself. Sometimes in the moment I don't think anything of it because those it seems so normal but as I thought back, I couldn't help laugh.
Yesterday, while on the toilet (no we dont have a lock on the bathroom door, yes, it is super awesome) I was putting Jacey's shoes on that she brought to me and Tyce was showing me the praying mantis he caught in a pencil box and we were trying to figure out what insects we could catch to feed to this new pet he named "Crawly"- how is that for multi-tasking?
Yesterday afternoon I was taking down some things off the wall and had some green push pins in my hand. Jacey wanted them so without even thinking, I gave them to her. She played and played with them. She put them in her purse and carried them around for hours. When I was trying to do her hair she did the classic "floor sprawl and head shaking" routine which makes it absolutely impossible to get a "pokey" (pony tail :)) in her hair. So I found the push pins and said "Here! Play with these!". She calmed right down and let me do her hair. Seriously what mom intentionally gives their 2 year old push pins to play with? The same mom that gives their 4 year old a serrated knife to cut up card board boxes? Yes, yes its true.  I really do love my children, I promise. They are just really good with sharp objects in hand. No ER visits yet, so thats good news. Haha :)

1 comment:

Chad and Lisle said...

Ha, well that is amazing that nothing came of it. My girls would have been hurt in no time with those things......and the knife.
Very funny!