Monday, January 28, 2013

a ray of sunshine...


My dearest friend in all the world stopped by this morning for a few minutes on her way home - Cali is such a ray of sunshine in my life. She walked in and looked at me and asked if I had a hang over. It made me laugh. She knew we had been up late driving home in a blizzard and snowy and icy roads. She knew I had been up late cleaning up throw up out of our car. She knew Rustin hasnt been able to sleep either because he cant breath. I love that she can relay all of that in one sentence because she has felt that kind of "hang over" before too. 

She asked if she could take a picture out my back door. This is the picture she took. She said something like, 'Look what you get to wake up to every morning?' and showed me the picture. I was so grateful she saw something so beautiful and captured it for me because I certainly didnt notice the view outside. It had been an off morning. But this picture really made me think of how grateful I am for everything I have and especially for my wonderful friend. She is one of my favorite blessings in my life. 

Last night we came home and roads were awful  It usually takes us 2 hours and 45 minutes to get home and it took over 4 hours last night. We saw so many cars slide off the road. Tyce's asthma flared up and he was coughing his head off. He kind of got into a fit of coughing til he started throwing up. It scared him which makes him even more worked up which makes him cough more and throw up more and we couldnt get him to calm down. It was so sad.  But we did finally make it home and got everything cleaned up and I am so grateful to have made it safely.

It has been kind of a wild week. I was suppose to go to Layton on Friday to join my sisters for lunch and shopping as we had planned to have a sweet 16 date for my niece Kristen who turned 16 and we wanted to take her out. But Thursday night our car died so I didnt have a vehicle. The day before that we almost died of carbon monoxide and now need to reconstruct our water heater, the garage door broke the day before that, Rustin was in a car accident (which he wasnt hurt thank goodness) and he also has bronchitis. We did go visit our families in Sanpete this weekend though which was nice. Rustin went ice fishing with his Dad and I visited with my family and Rustin's family. My parents took my siblings and their spouses out to dinner Saturday night which was really fun to get together like that.

Sorry, I feel like I am just rambling but by way of a journal entry this is the happenings. It seems like lately I have heard about so many tragedies lately. A young father dying, leaving his 3 children and wife, a 6 year old dying in a sledding accident, another man dying, leaving his wife who is pregnant with twins and they were just building a home, people having all sorts of horrible cancer's.... I have heard of lots of these kinds of things and I am just so grateful that my problems are small, just water heaters, vehicles, bronchitis, garage doors. I am so grateful for my little troubles and for all the blessings I see everyday.

2 comments:

Chad and Lisle said...

That is a pretty picture. I hope this next month is a better one for you. And you are right perhaps we should just count our blessing instead of thinking of all the bad things. That is what I do best, think of that bad things I mean. I will work on that.

Cali said...

Aw, thanks. You are a ray of sunshine for me too. Love you lots. Here's to a better February!