Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Our new Lieutenant Governor....


A few weeks ago we went to the Aggie vs BYU game here in Logan with my sister and her family. It was probably one of the more depressing games I have ever been too. Of course we still had a great time. Everything is a party with my sister Charity, but seriously, BYU scored within the first ten seconds of the game, Chuckie Keaton hurt his knee and is out for the season, and it just went down hill from there. and to top it all off, I was walking up the aisle at half time and some guy ran into me and pushed me into the lap of some other poor man. I think I scared him to death. Clearly my center of gravity is a little off or I probably would have caught myself. We had a good laugh anyway. Well the next day my sister Abby and her husband Spencer, stopped by on their way out of Logan and told us some incredibly big news. Governor Herbert had asked Spencer to be the new Lt Governor. We were all pretty dumbfounded and no one was more shocked then Spencer. Abby and Spencer were both very very humble and blown away by all that this means for their cute family. It is going to be an incredible sacrifice for so many reasons but they really felt like if they do what the Lord has asked them to then they'll make it through all this. I was so amazed at their humility, their faith, and their strength. They really are very incredible people and I know they will be a powerful force for good.


We were able to go to the Capital last Wednesday and watch the Senate vote on him and watch him get sworn in. It was so amazing to be there and feel the gravity of what he has been asked to do and see how well he is taking it on, although my heart breaks for Abby and the kids.




 Several of the Senate members cracked jokes about how they had to check his birth certificate to make sure he made the age requirements for the position and asked that Spencer be patient with them as most of them have children his age. After the vote was unanimous, Spencer received a standing ovation and it made me cry (of course everything makes me cry these days), his kids looked so little and cute on that bench in that big room with everyone staring at them. It was so crazy.


All in all, it was a great day and I was grateful for the chance I had to be there and witness. You don't often get an opportunity like that and it was pretty incredible. I sure love Spencer and I wish them the absolute best in this new life-altering endeavor.


1 comment:

Chad and Lisle said...

I didn't get any pictures of this adventure. I might still them from you. Thanks for posting them!