Tuesday, January 22, 2013

the sun came out today...


The sun came out today, literally and figuratively. It was been a very long miserable week.


 Tyce got sick about 10 days ago with a nasty cold and cough. Last Tuesday Jacey started a really high fever that would get so bad at night and during the day she would mope and cry. I did really well the first 3 days. On day 4 I wanted to slit my wrists a little bit but fortunately my sister Maggon came to visit and she was my saving grace. On day 5 my sympathy and patience expired and then I just switched to survival mode. I guess its the difference between enduring and enduring well. The first few days I endured well......the last few was just enduring. I felt bad because by the time it hit Rustin, I had no sympathy or compassion left. 


Yesterday Jacey was the worst. Her eyes have been at half mast and she looked like the saddest most pathetic little puppy you have ever seen. She wouldnt get off the couch all morning. I had to carry her to the bathroom, hold her on the toilet, and carry her back to the couch.


She would sleep in my arms which never happens and she would doze all day. It was aweful. 




I made an appointment to see the dr this morning. At the 3:30 this morning she came up the stairs crying and burning up again. This morning when she woke up, she was right as rain. Her eyes were open and cheerful. She was laughing and giggling and playing. Seriously? I swear that always happens when I finally give in and make a dr appt. But I am so glad the sun came up and shined on us today. I am so grateful to have my little Jacey back.

2 comments:

Chad and Lisle said...

Those are the saddest little faces. That last one is hilarious. I am glad you all got over it and I am glad you didn't get it. What is worse is being the sick mom with sick kids. I am glad you all survived your two weeks of H-E double you know what.

Christensen's said...

Poor thing! That sounds horrible! Having sick kids is the worst!