Late as usual, but here are a few pictures from Jacey's birthday cake and her 3rd birthday. She was such a nightmare that day and the days leading up to it. I copied and pasted the Facebook post I posted for her birthday. I wanted to keep it so she could have it some day.
I so wanted to
casually post this picture as if making a Barbie cake is just part of a typical
day for me. I feel like posting this picture makes me look like a put-together
mom. I would love for you all to think that but I can’t post this in good
conscience because it was nothing short of a miracle that I pulled this off
without killing one or two small children…..a miracle, sheer luck, and several
YouTube videos (as long as I’m being super honest). Jacey really wanted a
Barbie cake for her birthday so I thought it would be cute if I took her to the
store and let her pick out a Barbie for her cake – that was a nearly fatal
mistake. She picked it out but was absolutely outraged that she couldn't have
it to play with “RIGHT NOW!” For two days she has been screaming and wailing
about how she doesn't want a Barbie cake, she just wants the Barbie. So of
course after a couple of days of this when my patience was spent, I found
myself saying, “I don’t really care what you want, I’m making the dang Barbie
cake!” Lets be honest, is her birthday about her or me? Such a put-together
mother. During the making of the cake Tyce and Jacey wanted desperately to help
and I kept saying things like, “Please don’t touch that…..please get off the
counter….. no, you cant eat that yet…..please don’t touch that…..please don’t
dump those out…..no, you can’t help me right now.…get your grubby feet off the
counter…..DON’T TOUCH!.......if you dump that on the ground I promise I will
chop your off your ears!!!” so on and so forth. So for those still reading this
ridiculously long post, before you make a comment like “What a great cake!” or
“You’re such a good mom!” just know that it wasn't without some emotional
scarring. So Happy Freaking Birthday Jacey, here is your damn cake J Love
you with a heart and half J
For Tyce's birthdays, he always decides what kind of cake he wants and then we go to the store together and pick out the stuff for it and then he sits on the counter and watches me make it, all the while giggling and telling me thank you and telling me I'm his favorite Mom. It's the best! So I was thinking I would do the same for Jacey - holy crap, that backfired. She was such a beast. She screamed for two days, no exaggeration. Screaming because she wanted the Barbie, screaming because she didnt want a birthday cake anymore, screaming because I had to saran wrap the barbie while I put frosting on her, "I don't want a sack on her head!!!" It was about all I could not to beat her. I kept asking myself why I insisted on making the cake she clearly didnt want it anymore. I think mostly because I had all the stuff for it, I had watched a few YouTube tutorials, I was armed and ready and couldn't bring myself to throw in the towel (although doing so would have brought peace and happiness back into our home....o-well, that's way overrated).
At any rate, we did manage to have a happy birthday after all. After she opened a few presents and realized her world hadn't completely come to an end, she perked up and became quite pleasant.
Pink candles on German Pancakes won her heart..
A few princess crowns to go around...
Some ice cream with friends...
and Barbie's dress on fire? It's the only place I could put the candles. I just about made cupcakes for everyone so they wouldn't ruin my cake but refrained. Good rid-dens, honestly. Anyhow, it did shape up to be a fun birthday and despite my frustrations with my Jacey, she really is the light and life of our house. She is a party and I love her for it. Happy Birthday Jac!
1 comment:
Hahahaha, love it. FRLOL. I am glad it was a happy birthday anyway. She looks just as happy as can be. The cake was amazing as usual. I love me some Jacey stories!
Post a Comment